Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What we've been up to lately...

Yesterday, the kids and i and some of our friends from MOPS went to pick berries at the Westmoreland Berry Farm. It just happened to be on of the hottest days of the summer so far, but we still had a blast picking blackberries and feeding the goats. As a little treat, the kids and i enjoyed ice cream sundaes for our lunch! I got mine with a homemade shortcake and fresh blueberries from the farm. Yum, yum!! We picked enough berries and bought enough peaches from the store to make a blackberry peach crisp (courtesy of Barefoot Contessa) for Chad's mom's b-day tonight. Hopefully it will turn out as good as the one Jess made for us a few weekends ago at her dinner party;o)



Ella couldn't seem to get the concept of the head through the hole picture!
The Farm has a goat walk where the goats can walk up high and over to this holding crate (like the one in the picture). You buy food down below and use a pulley to lift it up to the goat to eat. it was actually pretty cool!
Ella and Weston loved feeding the goats!


This past weekend we went to the beach sans kids with Jason and Brooke. We spent a lot of time out on the boat and went back to the Roadside Grill one night for dinner and mint juleps. It was so nice to get away and have no responsibilities! This weekend will be our last one at the beach before Weston starts school next Thursday (8/20):o(. This summer has gone by way too fast!!



Chad let Weston mow part of the yard a couple weekends ago with the push mower. He thought it was really fun and told everyone about it. i think he felt really grown up:o)
Don't you just love the outfit too??
Speaking of outfits...Ella has started to really enjoy dressing up lately. One morning before church (still in her pj's) she decided to dress up like a fairy and fly around the house. She would run into the guestroom and stare at herself in the mirror, twirling around and making silly faces. It was so cute to watch her!


This is the finished product of the fluffernutter sandwich that Ella made and cut all by herself! She made me take the crust off (always!) after i took this picture, but she gobbled the whole thing up in no time!

Here she is spreading on the "nutter." She did the "fluffer" first which i never do, so it made the spreading a little difficult.

Ahhhh, is there anything better than cuddling up with Daddy?? Sorry for all the random pictures, but i just wanted to catch everyone up on the exciting life that us Webbs live! Hahahaha! Until next time...

5 comments:

danielle said...

Ok, since you were so random in your post, my comments are going to be random too:
(and I'm going to list them here):

1. Your children are adorable (I know I say that a lot)... I can't get over Ella's glasses and how Weston looks just like your husband.
2. I love your black shirt you were on date night
3. Weston's "cutting the grass" outfit is awesome... hey, whatever works.
4. Ella should be a fairy for Halloween
5. I can't believe you "VA" people start school next week, I think we still have 3 more months up here ;)
6. Thanks for blogging, it was fun to catch up!

Crystal said...

So, I was about to leave some nice comments for you (I loved your new post and great to catch up with y'all!)...when I heard Jake say from the next room "I have to pee pee!" so I ran in there and he was standing in a puddle of pee. So, I guess I better get back to taking care of my kids instead of catching up on blogs! I'm a little sad b/c he hasn't had a big puddle accident like that since the first few days.

Emily said...

hahahaha! danielle, you crack me up! let's see...
1. most people just call weston "little chad."
2. it's from j.crew last year.
3. i'd like to say that normally he has a pretty good sense of style, but i think he was just having an "off" day.
4. fairy's a good idea for ella, but i usually try to coordinate them...maybe weston could be ??? not really sure what goes with a fairy.
5. one week and counting...
6. thanks for giving me something to read everyday instead of the monthly posts that i tend to write:o)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I didn't miss a MOPS event, did I? I haven't been very good about checking that stuff....

aunt-e said...

weston should be a tooth and ella should be the tooth fairy!!!