Monday, August 31, 2009

Fawn Lake Triathlon Sprint 8/30/09

Yesterday was the 1st annual fawn lake triathlon sprint. Chad, Jeremy, and I were a relay team (Team McWebb) although you could also choose to do the whole thing by yourself (what's the fun in that...i mean, really??). Chad swam 700 meters, Jeremy biked 12 miles, and i ran a 5K (3.1 miles). Our team got 3rd place for the relay teams with an overall time of 1:11:20. Chad-17:55, Jeremy-32:25, Me-20:24 with 1:16 lost on crappy transitions:o( I am very proud of our team and can't wait to beat Team Doherty next year!!
Go Team McWebb!!
Jeremy proudly shows off our team number--96!
Chad anxiously awaits the start of the women's and relay heats.
He gets off to a great start and even leads the pack/is in second place all the way to the first buoy!
Almost to shore...
All pooped out! Great job, honey!!
Jeremy takes off for his 12 mile bike ride after a confusing transition. We lost a lot of time on our transitions but will work to fix that for next year:o) After Jeremy finished his ride (and victory lap around the circle;o) i took off on my 5k run. Of course, there are no pictures of that, because clearly i am the only photographer in the family!
Team McWebb starts training for next year...TODAY!!

5 comments:

danielle said...

Good Job Team McWebb... I think it's funny that while I'm reading about you husteling your little tushy off, I'm seating eating potato chips... but they're Reduced Fat! So I feel a little bit better about myself... ;)

aunt-e said...

you weren't joking about sprinting your event!!! emily grace, are you using performance enhancing drugs???? so proud of you guys!!!

Crystal said...

Emily- I think that is the fastest 5K time I've ever heard!! You are incredible. I don't know how you do it!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That's amazing, Em. I can't even imagine running around my block at this point, much less 3.1 miles. Good for you!

Stefany Gess said...

Whoa girl, you rock and so does team McWebb. You amaze me all the time. Loved catching up on all your blog posts.