Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Our Weekend Trip to Massanutten...

Jason hooked us up with a free 2 bedroom condo and free lift tickets to go skiing at Massanutten this past weekend, so mom agreed to watch the kiddos. off we went! i am not the best skiier, but a few years ago chad bought me all of the ski gear i needed to hit the slopes. this time around, i felt more confident and even conquered the blue square slope before heading in for lunch. after lunch, was a little different...i mastered my snow plow! i never fell at all the first half of the day, but after lunch (i knew i should've past on the chips and salsa) i fell once and then lost all confidence! poor brooke hung with me the rest of the day, so chad could ski with jason. now, chad is light years above the rest of us, so i felt bad that he never got to go skiing wide open down the black diamond slopes. he was a real trooper though, and didn't make me look like too much of an idiot;o) all in all, we had an awesome time and even had some energy left over to whip the guys in a couple games of spades (they did beat us once). boys, we are still due for a rematch!

Before we hit the slopes...literally!
At the mid-way station...

the natural skiier...


2 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so neat! glad you got to take that trip.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

This is why I do NOT ski with T. He used to ski every single day in season when he was at Lees McRae. After I fell halfway down the mountain b/c he convinced me I was "ready" to move up, I went right back to the lodge and drank hot chocolate. ;)