Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Weston's big hole...3/16/09


Well, today is class picture day at school and Weston has really been working on 2 lose teeth the past few days. We read a book called The Tooth Story and it was about a boy who loses his tooth the day before class pictures. I told Weston his class pictures would look so cool if he was missing his tooth! He agreed that a "holey smile" would be better than a "toothy grin." So, last night after story time, Chad and Weston worked on those teeth (the loser one in particular) for about an hour. They used dental floss, a tissue, and finally thread. The thread did the trick and out the one tooth came! He was so brave throughout the whole thing and didn't even cry! He talks a little funny now, and it is so cute! I couldn't be prouder! And as it turns out, the timing is pretty great (since I still don't have a working camera) that today is picture day and they also get the option of a single picture. I'll definitely be buying that one! These are the best i could do with my phone camera:o) Now all we have to do is work on the other one!

The note from the Tooth Fairy read:
Congratulations, Weston on losing your very first tooth! I will let you keep this one because the first one is pretty special. Smile!
Love,
The Tooth Fairy
*Attached was a dollar bill and his tooth.

5 comments:

erinbeth said...

hurray for holey smiles!!! great job wes & uncle chad. your pictures are going to be awesome. love aunt~e

Tracy said...

Congrats, Weston! I'm so glad to hear that the toothfairy still leaves a reasonable $ amount for the first tooth at your house. I've talked to some kids who get upwards of $5-$10! Ridiculous!

Stefany Gess said...

That is so cute. i love the note. and i the pictures will be great.

danielle said...

He's so cute... I wished we lived closer and the kids could be great friends...

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Yay, Weston! He got a whole dollar??! I think I got a quarter...you must have adjusted for inflation. ;)